Monday, June 13, 2011

I want to hear your voice …

Today has been a big day for me. First, I joined the wonderful world of Twitter and sent my first Tweet. And now, I’m launching my blog. I’ve spent the past few hours stressing about what to write in this first post, wanting it to be perfect, important, and well, kinda cool. I’m mean, I write for the hippest demographic out
there – YA .
As a YA writer, I tend to gravitate toward stories about teens who feel they don’t have a voice, who aren’t in the majority, who have problems, who need help, who want to know they are not alone. Sound familiar? If so, stick around. We have a lot to talk about!
But, in the interest of full disclosure, I must tell you that I’m not always going to deliver something that’s important, cool, or never in a million years, something that’s perfect. Still, I hope you’ll take an interest in what I have to say … and, more importantly, I hope you join the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment